I know it's a myth but did it help?`

I know it's largely a myth that cereal before bedtime will help a baby sleep, but has it actually worked for any of you? My DD is 4 mos and we just started solids in the morning. I'm thinking about giving her a few spoonfuls before bed tonight. She still wakes every 3-4 hrs. to bf.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Thats not a myth, thats a fact,lol. When I started giving my baby girl rice cereal,which is rather recently...that was the first time she slept until 5:30 in the morning and even then, I just bring her in bed with me, she goes back to sleep until 7,8 sometimes even 9!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:51 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• IT'S NOT A MYTH FOR ME MY SON IS 3 MONTHS OLD N HE GETS 2 OZ OF CEREAL AT 8:30PM AND HE'S SLEEP BY 9PM AND WAKES BACK UP AT 6AM , HE GETS A REGULAR MILK BOTTLE AND GOES BACK TO SLEEP AND GETS UP AT 9AM SO FOR ME IT HAS WORKED
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• cereal is carbs, carbs raise your blood sugar which tends to make you very tired at first and then very awake a short time later.

My older 2 were on cereal and didn't sleep..heck my oldest got it in the bottle because I didn't know better and it didn't help..he didn't sleep more than 3 hours til 15 months old..My youngest EBF baby STTN 6-8 hours at 6 weeks old and he had nothing but breastmilk..depends on the child fully..

http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/tipcerealinbottle.htm
    http://www.mamasource.com/article/adding-rice-cereal-to-formula-to-make-infant-sleep-thru-night-fact-or-fiction
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 9:20 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Starting solids didn't help my son at all with sleeping at night. We hoped they would help, at 6 months he was getting up every hour at night! He didn't start sleeping through the night until he was 11 months
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2009