Have you ever used doggy day care? how was it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pets

• I actually did for almost a year. He went every day while I was at work M-F and it cost me about $600.00 a month to have the service.To make a long story short, I got a call at work one day, and it was the daycare telling me that my dog's ear had been ripped open. He is a walker coon hound and has long hound ears. When I got there his ear looked like it had been sliced down the middle and resembled a snakes tongue. I took him straight to the clinic I had worked at for years and they did his surgery. They still gave me an employee discount but then I had a lot of other problems associated with the injury. It took almost six months, $3,000.00, and another two surgeries to repair his ear, and it is still not normal. The day care refused to pay for any thing. In addition they wouldn't given me the owner's information for the dog that had injured mine. You would think spending $12,000 a year would make you a valued customer.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 6:10 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I took my 2 dogs to the Petsmart Petshotel and loved it...we just paid extra for 2 kennels back to back instead of one so they could have more room...I don' tlike the places where it's just "free play" all the time...You can't keep an eye on EVERY dog no matter how many people are there....I was actually going to open one this last year...thank goodness I didn't. Who know the economy would have ended up like this....Whew! anyway, at Petsmart it was $25 a day per dog overnight and you can pay extra for "free play" if you want...if not, then they stay in a really good sized kennel and have their toys, we even brought their beds so they would feel more at home...
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:19 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I work at one and its great for high energy dogs. The owners just LOVE that they can just drop off their dogs to play all day long and when they get off work and pick up their dogs, they are TIRED lol It is a bit pricey. We charge 20 bucks a day but if you buy 5, 10, 20 day packages you get a little discount. We have a big yard just for little dogs and a big yard just for big dogs. Its really fun!
    Elijahsmommy9

Answer by Elijahsmommy9 at 12:35 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• my niece sends her pit bull to doggy daycare, and checks in on him online at lunch. ok, everyone in the family checks in on him at lunch cause he is so darn cute. they seem to love it and the dog does too.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:37 AM on Jul. 16, 2009