I have an ultrasound tomorrow, i'll be 14 weeks. What are the chances, if any, that i would be able to tell the sex of the baby?

I know you usually don't find out until around the 20 weeks ultrasound, but if they can tell, can they only tell if its a boy? Or would they be able to tell if its a girl too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nope I found out I was having a boy at 15 weeks. so there is a good chance. Just ask. there is a chance you wont be able to see it cause of the positions or the TEch cant see it for some reason but there is a good chance
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 6:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• My doctor said it's sometimes hard to tell before 16 weeks, but good luck. They might be able to tell you what they THINK it might be, and maybe not be able to tell you for sure. Personally, I didn't want to hear anything unless they were positive, lol. Luckily, I went in at 19 weeks and they got a perfect shot with the legs spread as far as could be and directly in the center...was a definite penis. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• The tech may be able to give you an educated guess but not a for sure. I had one at 15 weeks as well (for abnormal blood work) She told me just like this "everything looks normal and just think 5 more weeks and then we can know for sure if pink is the best color for the nursery" lol and at week 20 it was a girl!! Good luck and I hope they can at least give you a guess!! :)
    mommyin08of09

Answer by mommyin08of09 at 6:06 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I was able to see at 17 weeks and they still said to not plan for a girl til we saw again later lol .
    Well the million ultra sounds after that and I was still having a girl . lol
    They might be able to see but dont take it to close to heart til you can see again to be sure . Congrats!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:06 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I think the chances are alright, I found out at 15 weeks. I think if the baby is in the right position you will be able to find out.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 6:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't really hope for anything. With my second I was told @ 14 weeks I was having a girl & at 20 weeks they "found" his penis. It takes boys a little longer to develop. I have also been told @ 15 weeks this pregnancy that it's a girl but I'm not getting my hopes up until I see my baby at 20 weeks.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 6:50 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Had my first ultrasound at 14 1/2 weeks and we couldn't tell what it was yet
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 12:10 AM on Jul. 16, 2009