Baby Bird?

I just found a little bird (kind of looks like a thrush of some sort), and other than giving it some water and kepping it cool, I haven't a clue what (if anything) to do for it. Any Ideas?

Tarabella

Asked by Tarabella at 6:00 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pets

• go buy a can of Kitten formula and VERY slowly give it to her in a medicine dropper...if you go to fast they can choke and die (it happened to me ONE time)...I have hand raised many baby birds this way...keep them in a shoe box with a lid (with holes obviously) and shredded paper...and try giving it the kitten formula in a dropper. you can buy it at Walmart target .....you don't have to grind up bugs...if it has most of it's feathers then it will probalby do good with the formula...keep it out of the reach of any other birds and cats too...good luck. i think the brand of formula is KMS....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:23 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• We went through that a few years ago. After calling humane societies and many other animal businesses we found a wild life sanctuary to take the babies. Unfortunatly the bast you could do is grind up some worms or other bugs and feed it to the baby through a medicine punger thing. Otherwise find a sanctuary right away so the baby doesnt starve.
    Quammie

Answer by Quammie at 6:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I live in a little Kansas town thus no humane societies and the vet will probably just dispose of it rather than "waste time on a common bird". I unfortunantly do not have time to crush up bugs. I've given it some water and I'll probably just put it back in some bushes near where I found it. I love animals but sometimes I guess nature has to take it's course. It might be old enough to stand a chance, it has most of it's feathers. Thanks for the advice.
    Tarabella

Answer by Tarabella at 6:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2009