My son's teeth...

My son is two years old, about to turn 3 in a couple of months. He loves drinking milk- and I also make him drink water, but I'm not going to lie- he hates it. I brush his teeth every single day- and use a little tiny bit of toothpaste because he's not used to spitting it out yet.

I recently have noticed that his k9's are yellowing a little, and it worries me!! I don't want my son to have messed up teeth. Am I doing something wrong??

I haven't taken him to the dentist.. yet. I don't have insurance- and I didn't think he needed it- he's had no problems until now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• See if you can get on state medical. Most states cover dental visits. Meanwhile, I would brush his teeth twice a day, in the morning after eating/drinking breakfast, and after dinner. Remember to try to floss too (though he may be too young for this still). When you brush at night put a very small amount of toothpaste on the dry toothbrush (floride toothpaste is good) and brush his teeth, then send him to bed so that the floride gets into his system. During the day, you can use water and brush every spot, or even the non floride baby's paste (can't remember what it was called or where I found it). If you find that you can't get him on state medical, shop around for dentists that offer services on a sliding scale based on your income. Good luck.
    mammacjjc85

Answer by mammacjjc85 at 6:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2009