Does anyone else have a breast fed baby that wants to eat and eat, and he eats until he's so full that he'll vomit?

My almost three month old baby boy does this every few days, and I'm starting to wonder if its normal. I don't think it's an issue with my milk supply because he obviously gets a lot of milk, it's just that he eats and eats and he cries if I take him off the breast. He ends up so full that everything comes right back.

pgaytan

Asked by pgaytan at 6:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is he acting fussy like maybe his stomach could be hurting? My Pediatrician told me that when babies have a stomachache or are gassy, they misinterpret the pain or discomfort as hunger & will continue to eat. Then after eating too much, they are still having tummy troubles & may continue to act hungry. Could this possibly be what's going on?

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• MY SON DID THE SAME THING I TOLD HIS DOCTOR ABOUT IT AND ITS REALLY NORMAL, HES FULL WHEN HE VOMITS SO I HAVE TO BREAK HIM AWAY AND BURP HIM THEN LET HIM GO FOR MORE, THAT MAY BE THE ISSUE BUT MAKE SURE YOU CONSULT WITH THE DOCTOR FIRST
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• my daughter does this quite frequently but it is mostly because she has gas like BlessedMommy said. I feed her until I think she is full then give her a binky to suck on. If she is still hungry she will spit it out and cry. Then I feed her more. If not, she usually will suck on it and go to sleep.
    dolphinstar79

Answer by dolphinstar79 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2009