Do you think a mom who gave up her baby for adoption should be allowed to join CM?

I've been thinking of telling my sister about this site. She's severely bipolar and has some other mental problems. When she became pregnant she decided that mentally she just wasn't competent enough to be a full time mom and my aunt and uncle who can't have kids adopted the baby. It's an open adoption, she gets pictures of him and will get to see him every now and then. (They live across the country, so it's not too often.) Do you think in her situation she would be OK on CM, or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think so. That is the best thing a mother could do when she knows she can't do it herself.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 7:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Yes.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Of course! There are probably a bunch of BM groups she could join for support and only the most cold hearted of bitches would try to tell her she doesn't belong here. *I* would welcome her here!
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 7:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• IMO, she's still a mom. Yes, tell her about CM.
    Anonymous

• Absolutely, she still needs support, she is still a mother. Tell her about CM!
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 7:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Absolutely, she's a birth mom & deserves to be here!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 7:10 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Yeah, who knows ..maybe she'll have kids again one day!
    Anonymous

• Yes, definitely, she did not give up the baby for selfish reasons. She seems very mature and personally, I admire her for thinking of that baby first. She will probably be a better mother than she thinks.
    wolftheef

Answer by wolftheef at 7:29 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Yes, of course. Why wouldn't someone who gave a baby up for adoption be allowed on CafeMom? It's for moms...and she is the birth mother a child. She went through the birthing process to have a child, so of course!
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 7:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Of course, she needs support too, I think this would be a great place for her, they do have groups for memebers and family members with bi-polar.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2009