need some creative ideas to get my nursey idea actually a reality!

I'm a professional photographer and that is my love and passion of course after my children. This is my second baby and I would love to do a custom theme for the baby's room; photography(my photography). We don't know if it's a boy or girl yet but we have a black crib and black and white furniture. The baby is sharing a room with us as well. ANY ideas to what I can do for this baby? Crib bedding ideas? I also have a whole gallon of brown paint that I was planning to use but am having troubles mixing it in with the photography, black and white furniture.

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Are you going to be painting the room brown? If so, why not frame a collection of Sepia tone prints with black frames and white matting?

For bedding I would go with either a black and white plaid, toile or gingham pattern on the sheets/comforter and curtains/valances.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Light green paint is neutral. Then you can get some big nice black frames and blow up your black and white pics. Then, do elegant black and white bedding and after you find out if it's a boy or girl add in some pink or blue accents. Keep it simple. You're not supposed to have anything except a fitted sheet in the crib anyways to reduce sids.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 8:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Maybe a small collage of your artwork with the edges of the frames lined in brown paint and then another complementary color lining the brown edge? If you have a glider you can make either matching cover or pillow to go with your artwork?
    rjacob2008

Answer by rjacob2008 at 1:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2009