induced

Can you ask your doctor to induce you if you are 33 weeks pregnant? I am 33 weeks and ready for the baby to be out. I am tired of being sick everyday. I feel so weak. I wanted to know if anyone has asked?

LovinMyNewborn

Asked by LovinMyNewborn at 7:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They won't do it. Your baby will be premature, and more than likely go into the NICU if it was born now.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 7:29 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• No you cant be induced that early the baby is still developing i was in preterm labor at 33 weeks and the stoped my labor cause my son would problay have no chance of living but i know they can induce you around 38 weeks cause i got induced and so did couple of my friends i know your tired of being pregnant but thats how it is at the ending just enjoy being pregnant cause once your baby is out there goes the endless nights of sleep !
    Anonymous

• No they wont do it. Most wont do an induction til 38 - 39 weeks.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Due dates are often wrong as well. So you might think you're farther than you are. Most doctors won't induce you until two weeks of being overdue. Thats what's safest.
    read this.
    http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1497247/Pitocin_A_Cautionary_Tale
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 7:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• No, most docs only induce after you're dialated. If you have your baby early it might not be fully developed or ready. Anything after 37 wks is considered full term and has the most chance of surviving. Trust me, I'm about 34 wks and I'm feeling ready too, but you really need to focus on sticking it out as long as possible to have a healthy baby.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 7:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Why would you want to have a premature baby? At 33 weeks the lungs haven't developed yet! Your baby would be taken straight away from you and into an incubator with tubes all over it for weeks. I am going to take it that you have done no research on how your baby is developing... go to I-Am-Pregnant.com it has week by week details on how your baby is developing and what's new.  there are pictures to.  REading about what he/she is growing, how big he/she is getting, what he/she is doing may help speed it along.  Hang in there.

fourisplenty

Answer by fourisplenty at 8:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• they won't do it. baby is NOT mature enough. why put your baby at risk (no matter how far along you are) by being induced bc YOU are uncomfortable? that's very selfish. you need to stay pregnant for at least 40 wks. due dates can be off by as much as 4 weeks.
    eat small meals, rest as much as you can, and let your baby grow some more.
    http://www.nichd.nih.gov/news/releases/premature_risk.cfm
    http://www.givingbirthnaturally.com/reasons-to-induce-labor.html
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 8:17 AM on Jul. 16, 2009