Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would you have done?

my dh and i got into an argument last week and get mad and slapped me and i was like how can you hit someone you love and his reply was i didnt hit you but i will and drew back his fist like he was going to then he say's go ahead call the cops i'll spend a night in jail so that is exactly what i did, I was raised to never let a man hit the cops came and he was arrested and then got to come the same night but had to stay the night else where....So we talked again the next day i told him that i loved him and that i wanted our relationship to work because i dont want to throw 9 yrs away and that i dont want to put our kids through not having a mommy and daddy..but i just dont know...He doesnt give me butter flys anymore and i love him and care about him but at the same time im just not happy.So would you have called the police? Or just let it blow over and anyone else feel this way about there s/o?

Answer Question

Asked by WvMommyof3 at 7:28 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (13)
  • Abuse is abuse. It's not okay. Period. I just got out of an abusive marriage and I put up with it for WAY too long. Get out while you can. That behavior is NOT a good sign...not even remotely.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

  • I felt like it before i mean i was feeling the same way...going through the same kinda stuff... I am still seeing him but were not together.. he still sees the kid I'm not seeing anyone but him just live in a separate house and still live like it never happened k? good luck just pray to god it never happens again cuz if he hits you twice get gone move on good luck!!!!

    Answer by BriannaBopp at 7:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

  • Yes, I would have called the police. I was in an abusive marriage. I'd say leave before it does get worse. And if he already slapped will get worse. Don't keep your kids around that. Good luck.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

  • yup becuz thats what probably what happen to LACEY PETERSON ( rest in peace)... Seriuosly I lived with it way to long with my man babys daddy but its abuse not good no good no good!!!!

    Answer by BriannaBopp at 7:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

  • yes I would and I did. I never regretted doing it either. He finally stopped bc he got tired of going to jail!

    Answer by admckenzie at 7:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

  • You did PRECISELY the right thing. SOmeone who thinks hitting is the answer has something wrong in the head.

    Answer by gdiamante at 7:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

  • Im not gonna lie, i would call the cops for sure but if he slapped me i would pick up the closest thing to me, maybe a frying pan, and mess him up. I dnt play that...OMG if he raised his hand to me ever I might go off the deep end, but laws are set up so if ur man puts hand on u u can protect urslef anyway u feel fit...but if ur not like me just calling the cops is good too.
    y didnt u get a protective order...they give emergency ones that last 3-5 days and then u go to curt to get full ones...

    Answer by Dom123123 at 7:43 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

  • I would have called the police, if he hit you he doesnt deserve you and he damn sure doesnt love you. If you are not having butterflies anymore then you shouldnt be with him just for your childrens sake. You and your kids being happy is more important.

    Answer by Deanna84 at 8:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

  • I got out of an abusive marriage 2 years ago , I had to have surgery because he hit me with a ceramic bowl and shattered my ear drum and it didn't grow back right! This is just one of the many things he has done to me! It is not worth risking your or your childrens life!

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

  • Yes

    Answer by SoKamele at 8:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
Getting upset

Next question overall (Pregnancy)