Aural migraine?

Anyone had experience with aural migraines? If so, what is your "aura" like? I have not had many migraines in my life, but I have started getting them recently. I think I get tunnel vision, or sometimes it is like looking through very thick glass, the kind where if you try too hard to focus it will make you nauseous. Also, do you actually vomit because of your migraines, or do you just experience nausea?

kikikiki

Asked by kikikiki at 7:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Health

• I had aural migraines due to my birth control, and before that, due to postpartum from the epidural. They are extremely tough to deal with, especially when you have to take care of your kids. I took 2 excedrin migraine when I knew they were coming, although it didn't really do much but take the edge off a bit. For me, the onset was, I'd be looking at someone and I could only see half of their face or if I was looking directly at them I couldn't see anything around them. Then, I'd get zigzag lines in my line of vision which lasted about 10 minutes. After that, that's when the awful pain set in. And yes, I threw up when I had them. Sometimes 4 or 5 times. The only thing that helped was sleep, but it is very difficult to put yourself to sleep during a migraine. Talk to your DR and see if he can help you get rid of them. Gl!!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I get aural migraines, my aura usually looks like zigzags floating in my vision, i also get sound and light sensitivity and nausea/vomiting, dizziniess,depth perception difficulties, numbness, paralysis, hearing, vision loss, and comprehension difficulties during the migraine. my best treatment is cold dark room and tylenol and sleep, its the only thing that helps me.
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 7:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• There is a very strong link between food and migraines. common trigger foods are chocolate, nuts, vinegar, msg, food dye number anything, etc.
    Start keeping a food dairy, or work with a nutritionist or dietician to structure an elimination diet.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2009