Help! My husband is hurting in his testicle.

He thought it was because we haven't had sex in a couple of days. We've done it and it hurts worse. He says that it is swelled. What could this be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Health

• Go to the doctor. It could be serious.
    Anonymous

• I would go see a doctor. I don't mean to scare you or anything, but it COULD be something serious, and you're definitely better safe than sorry.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 7:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Sounds like epididymitis. This has happened to my fiance twice in his life time. He does need to see the doctor about this, it does not go away on it's own generally.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 7:41 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• go 2 the doc....1 in 3 men will have prostate cancer, obviously some develops so slow that it never bothers them, but i would go to the doc asap
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 7:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Does he excersize? Mine was freaking out and it turned out he was irritated from running and bike riding.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 7:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• My Dh had similar issues, we took him to the Dr and found out his kidney was trying to pass itself... Take him to the Dr!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• he needs to be seen by a doctor
    and i hope that my teen daughter never falls for that old line...

Answer by rkoloms at 9:28 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I hope your teen isn't having sex!
    Anonymous

• Actually rkoloms, I thought that line was BS till my fiance got epididymitis. There is some truth behind the "blue balls" concept and epididymitis is it! His doctor actually told me that it is very similar to a UTI (which it pretty much is and can be caused by one) and that just like not emptying your bladder regularly can up your chances of getting an UTI, so can not being "regular" in the bedroom (or by yourself).
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 10:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2009