• In the Spotlight:

Christian moms??? others can answer too if you want :) ♥♥

What shows do you watch on tv? Do you think you should be watching them or not.. The bible says do not let any unclean thing come into your body.. Also dont leave no room for the devil. .I know we all fall short and sin but i was just wanting to know are there something you watch or do that you know is wrong but you do it anyways? Cause the flesh wants you too? What do you let your kids watch? Is it Christian like? Thanks God bless ††

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 8:15 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• When I was fasting @ beginning of year.. watched almost no tv.. and after couldn't watch the same shows anymore. Then 4th of July weekend message was on slapping Jesus and how we slap Him with what we allow in.... (i.e. watching and paying for a movie that says g- - d--- or other vulgarities, or exposing our selves to things that the bible calls a sin etc.) well after that message and recommiting to my relationship if I'm watching something and it uses bad language, has sex scenes, uses the Lord's name in vain... I turn. My test for knowing if I should watch it.. if a child, or my pastor, or Jesus were to walk in and sit down next to me... would I turn the channel or leave it on... if I'd turn the channel then I'm not watching it.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 9:11 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• i personally do not find anything wrong w/ what shows/ movies my family watches on tv. everyone has their diff views on whats right & wrong but i think we are doing just fine.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 8:20 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• i don't watch much tv but i love the show "House". So far i have no fault with it. If something comes up i will definately turn it! I am very careful what i watch.
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 8:22 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• If my TV blew up today and I didn't have kids and a hubby I wouldn't replace it. But this is less because of values and more because I just don't enjoy T.V. I question things that are overtly sexual or things that are violent.

Remember we as Christians are learning, we are growing, and we are to extend grace to one another. There are certain things that most Christians know are wrong, porn for example, but other things aren't as clear.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:25 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Personally I don't think any programs on TV are wrong.  It is all down to personal preference.  I don't watch that much TV.  The only regular programs I watch are House, American Idol, Survivor and Top Gear.

The closest program to my faith is Star Trek.  I was so pissed when Enterprise ended after only 4 seasons.  It was the best Star Trek since TNG.   

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I am with teamquinn on this. I grew up without a tv and can take it or leave it. Ask my hubby or 13 year old, however, and you have a different story. I'd rather read. HOWEVER....I do like some shows, and some aren't the best for me, I know, like Law & Order or Bones. It's so easy to watch them and not like some parts of it but say it's okay, just so you don't involve yourself in that sort of thing. I'd actually much rather read, though that can cause problems as well. A lot of books are great, but there are 'parts' in them that aren't. Even shows that are 'good', such as Food Networks Next Big Star or America's Got Talent has a lot of bad language or else a lot of 'bleeps' where bad language is. It shows you how far down tv has dropped where some of the words aren't even considered vulgar anymore.
    Mrs.Frazzle

Answer by Mrs.Frazzle at 8:44 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Jesus also said that what goes in is not nearly as important as what comes out.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 8:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I don't watch much TV. I watch the local news, Food Network, and an occassional show of Criminal Minds. I don't feel any conviction over my choice of shows. I have felt conviction over certain movies though. It's hard because often times you don't realize what you're walking into with movies since you've never seen them before. I'm also feeling convicted over books lately. We need some more good Christian authors so I can read the style of books I like without the vulgarities and sex, lol. I can say that if I happen to read a book with foul language I change the word in my mind to be something else like "darn" or "fudge". If there's a sex scene, I skip the paragraph until I find a clean one =)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• TV? What's that?I swear the only shows I watch are kids cartoons. I'm talking Little Einsteins, Charlie and Lola, Koala Brothers, and the like.
    Occasionally I'll try and catch a clip of Family Guy via HULU but I has to be careful there's no little ears around as it isn't exactly I need my 3 year old watching. LOL
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:00 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• The closest program to my faith is Star Trek. I was so pissed when Enterprise ended after only 4 seasons. It was the best Star Trek since TNG.

I have to disagree with you here Beeky. I thought Enterprise SUCKED. Bakula should never have left Quantum Leap
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2009