how do i get my 15 1/2 month old to sleep through the night?

my friends till me to ignore her and she will stop waking up at night but if she is really hungry i cant do that. it was just one sippy a night but now its two and we are up 2 and a half hours in between. what do i do?

jazysmom08

Asked by jazysmom08 at 8:22 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have a couple of suggestions that have worked for us with different kids. With two of the kids I increased their solids at dinner time. I could not believe how much they were eating!! I just kept feeding them until they finally stopped. My oldest still had a bottle at bedtime at that age too. The other thing we have done is my husband goes in and comforts them and puts them back to bed. They know they can get food from mommy so it doesn't work when I go in. But Steve doesn't have anything for them. After a few nights they went back to sleeping through the night. With my second born, he got a bottle at bedtime and a sippy cup of water. I would refill the water the few times he drank it all (in this heat he is doing it often), but I would not refill the milk. I hope something works for you!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• My 18 month old still wakes up multiple times a night. You can't make them sleep before they are ready to. It is a developmental milestone to sleep all night. Every baby/child is different and will sleep at different times.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 9:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I had the same problem with one of my twin girls. it was down to 1 bottle and then it went back up to 2 to 3 and she was up every 2-3 hours. I let her cry and didn't go check on her all the time. My doctor told me that she wasn't hungry its just that i kept going in there and giving into her and now she is used to that. I have taken them off the botle completely and they get a sippy at nite and they both drink half and go to sleep. they might wake up once through out the night and cry for 5 minutes then find thier sippies and go back to bed.
    erin31382

Answer by erin31382 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 16, 2009