Does testing in the morning really make a difference?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It depends on how far you are along. If it's the first day of your missed period or earlier, yes. It takes a little while for your body to build up enough hormone for a test to pick up, so if you're very early on, testing first thing in the morning ensures that you urine isn't as diluted as it would probably be through the course of the day, decreasing your chances of a false negative.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 8:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Yes. Thats when the concentration of the Hcg in your urine is at its highest. While you CAN get an accurate test while testing at a later time, it's best to test with the first pee of the day.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 8:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• They say but i never tested in the morning to me it doesnt matter i found out i was pregnant early as 4 weeks by taking a dollar tree pregnancy test it deteced early! Goodluck!!!!
    Anonymous

• YES! I have trained in testing for pregnancy and many other things when using urine to test and they always recommend using the FIRST urine in the mornings whenever possible. It always has the highest levels of hormones and anything else because it has sat overnight while you are sleeping. So yes, it does make a difference.
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 9:57 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Well, this has already been answered, but again...YES! Your levels of Hcg are concentrated in the morning so your test will be more accurate.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 10:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Yes, I took four pregnancy test in during the day at different times because i was very late on my period and the first time i took one in the morning it instantly said pregnant.
    MrsPursifull

Answer by MrsPursifull at 1:56 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• They say it does! I was able to get a postive pregnancy test, and it was 7 o'clock in the evening. So, I think you can test at anytime, it's just someone women the hcg levels won't pick up. The best thing to do is wait 5 days after missed period that's what I did. Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:28 PM on Jul. 16, 2009