Rise in White Blood Cells?

Is it normal in very early pregnancy (3-4) weeks to have a slight raise in my white blood cells? Is that an indication of pregnancy as well? BTW this is not the only symptom, I have quite a few others but I am speaking of this one specifically. Thank you in advance!

LilMommie86

Asked by LilMommie86 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I can say that my white blood cell count doubled after the 7th month. But the drs weren't sure why. I feel in my 7th month and was put in the hospital, they had to check my WBC at that time because they said that a rise could mean my body would reject the pregnancy puting me in pre-term labor. However at that time, my WBC was normal. A couple weeks later it doubled and stayed doubled thru the duration of my pregnancy. Has your doc expressed any concern about this?
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 8:29 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• No, the nurse was just giving me the results of my bloodwork from this morning. The hcg was not not back from the lab yet. But she says the WBC wasn't too much of a concern, exactly what she said was, "Your WBC was a little high but thats okay, you're good". So I just wanted to get on here and ask what you all have experienced.
    LilMommie86

Answer by LilMommie86 at 8:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• A high WBC tends to mean you may have some kind of infection. Probably a UTI.
    Anonymous

• Mine was up a few weeks after I had Hunter but settled out later by itself. They said not to worry.
    Scootersmom

Answer by Scootersmom at 7:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2009