IS IT NORMAL: INFANT SHOTS AND LUMP

MY SON JUST GOT HIS 6 MONTH SHOTS ON MONDAY HS A LUMP WHERE ONE OF THEM WAS ADN IT IS A LITTLE BRUISED ... THE OTHER TWO INJECTION SITES ARE NORMAL ... HE IS STILL CRAWLING AROUND AND STUFF... I NEVER NOTICED THIS WITH THE LAST 2 TIMES HE GOT HIS SHOTS

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 8:29 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's happened to my DS before, I don't remember which shots. If you're worried just keep an eye on him. As long as he's playing fine and it doesn't seem to bother him, I'm sure it's fine. But if you have the fact sheets on the shots, you should check to see if that's something to watch out for.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 8:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• it's normal. it'll go away in a few days. if it seems tender, give him some tylenol. =)
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 8:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Ya thats completly normal it has happened to my DD before, I called the doctors when it happen and he said it's fine.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• my daughter had that after some of her shots. If it the lump is really hard and looks like it is bothering him put a warm wet rag on it.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• My mom used to say this happens when they pinch a vain, no big deal, just give him a soft massage and some tylenol... he'll be ok.
    Ankrumm

Answer by Ankrumm at 10:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• the doc probably gave the shot in a slightly wrong spot. i'd probably freak out and yell at the doc if it didn't go away.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• He's crawling! Wow I wish mine did more than rolling over.
    Anonymous

• It's a vaccine reaction. Report it. It's the law.
    http://www.nvic.org/reportreaction.aspx
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 7:56 PM on Jul. 16, 2009