Question: Does John Holdren, Obama's Science Czar, STILL believe in population control?

Answer: YES!!!

For those who think Obama's Science Czar, John Holdren, co-author of the 1977 controversial book "Ecoscience" was "just a kid" or was "naive" about his beliefs and has since grown and no longer holds the same ideology about population control....think again!

In his 2007 Presidential address at American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) conference, he opens his presentation quoting the "father of population control," Harrison Brown (1917-1986), author of "The Challenge of Man’s Future," 1954

Holdren’s hero was a “distinguished member” of the International Eugenics Society. And, lo and behold, Harrison Brown advocated the same population control-freak measures Holdren put forth in Ecoscience.

It's a PowerPoint Presentation (link in blue box on left to see it for yourself!)

http://www.aaas.org/news/releases/2007/0216am_holdren_address.shtml

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 8:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Sweet, I wasn't trying to be rude when I asked for a book review, I was just curious. Last night I researched and read more about Holden, and he was giving talks about this stuff as recently as 2005. I'm requesting his book from the library, but I'm going out of town and wanted to know more about it before I left. Everything I've read seems to support that he DOES still hold those beliefs.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:37 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• "It is clear that the future course of history will be determined by the rates at which people breed and die, by the rapidity with which nonrenewable resources are consumed, by the extent and speed with which agricultural production can be improved, by the rate at which the under-developed areas can industrialize, by the rapidity with which we are able to develop new resources, as well as by the extent to which we succeed in avoiding future wars. All of these factors are interlocked."

Harrison Brown

***

Holdren's commentary on slide:

"My pre-occupation with the great problems at the intersection of science and technology with the human condition – and with the interconnectedness of these problems with each other – began when I read The Challenge of Man’s Future in high school.  I later worked with Harrison Brown at Caltech."

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• You might want to look up the entire thing , it was a WORST CASE SCENERIO book written by three men as a what if...aaahh , why bother, you'll only listen to right wing propaganda....
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:47 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• What "entire thing" sweets? I'm not talking about Ecoscience! I talking about Holdren's MENTOR, Harrison Brown the "distinguished member" of the International Eugenics Society!!!!

Since you seem to know everything about politics, and who knows who, and what people REALLY meant to say more than 30, 40 or 50+ years ago (an amazing talent, I must say!), why don't you show me the LINK where Holdren states that he NO LONGER holds the ideology of population control?!

If you put your name on a book (ncluding acknowledgement to your wife and pals at Berkeley!), you OWN the contents!!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Sweet, have you read the book? Maybe you can give me a review.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Thanks for the info Lori....boy oh boy what a freakshow we have in D.C. this all enough to make anyone wonder.I too would like to see/hear proof that this man does NOT still think this way.Seems to me he;d deffinitely want something like that known...apparently,he has not changed his thinking at all.I certainly am not going to just assume he has.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Sweet, have you read the book?

She hasn't read it but she'll be happy to copy and paste it for you
    Anonymous

• Not many willing to dig into this tid bit it seems.I guess if you just assume or ignore it it will just go away.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• tn--
    I choose to ignore Obama.....but he's STILL THERE!!!!!

Must try harder!!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:17 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• i agree with you lorikeet i love your answer made me laugh i wish obama would just vanish but i guess thats wishful thinking but i can hope can't i.
    georgia362

Answer by georgia362 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2009