How do I get myself relaxed at the dentist?? I get very anxious.

NurseMommie21

Asked by NurseMommie21 at 8:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Health

• I'm the same way. I would just do some deep breathing exercises and maybe bring an MP3 player with some relaxing music to listen to.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 8:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Ask them to give you the "laughing gas"/nitrous oxide. I promise you, after having this stuff, you'll never be anxious about the dentist again. It's the best thing I've ever felt, lol. It cost about $50 extra, and insurance won't cover it, but it was worth it!
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Take a valium before you go. Some dentists will prescribe you one or two for this purpose.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I have to take a xanax just to make and appointment with the dentist...

Answer by rkoloms at 9:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• rkoloms: I am with you!! I HATE going to the dentist. I haven't been to the dentist in 13 years but my son goes every 6 months. I need to go because my wisdom teeth are starting to bother me, I will be taking Xanax before I go...maybe 2.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2009