Is it possible to lose most if not all of the baby fat 6 months after having a baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• You can lose most of it, especially if you are active, and especially if you are still BF. Believe it or not, BF REALLY helps lose weight, even though you're still eating more than you normally would. I still had the pouch around my belly, but that is easy to hide nowadays.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 8:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Yes, it is possible. I lost all but 1 pound in 3 months ( and I gained a lot). I was also breastfeeding.
    Anonymous

• Yes. By the time I went back to work, 6 weeks after my son was born, I was already fitting into my pre-pregnancy clothes again. But honestly I couldn't tell you how to lose the weight, I didn't do anything, I was just blessed with a high metabolism.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• if you work for it, you can!
    my son is almost 7 month and i still got 7lb to go... i didn't do anything to loose weight, specially since i was breast feeding my doctor told me to eat good to keep up my milk supply (I had a hard time producing milk)
    but now that i stoped, i'm planing to get my ass up:)
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 9:39 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• mine was gone in about 8 weeks. I was in great shape when I delivered, only gained 24 pounds while i was pregnant, breastfed, ate healthy, and was back exercising (very slowly) at about 2 weeks PP.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I was back in pre preggo clothes three days after giving birth to my first who was born 8lbs, 8.5 oz. Granted I was twenty at the time and thirty now so I might not be so lucky this time around, lol. But it seems all the weight that I packed on in the beginning of this pregnancy around my arms and hips have migrated to my baby bump instead. I can fit my pre preggo clothes up around my hips again and I'm in my third trimester due in two weeks.

I'm 5'4" and 135- 140 lbs normally and I'm topping out at about 185 right now so I guess anything's possible ;) I would like to add that up till recently (last two weeks) I've been very active this pregnancy and spent an hour in the gym every morning before I got pregnant. So I'm going to say yeah it's very possible in six months if you work for it.
    magoogie

Answer by magoogie at 8:13 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Yep i just had my son 5 weeks ago and i am only 7 lb more than what i was before i got pregnant. But i dont want to loose anymore. Now its time to tone =) I was only 113 when i got pregnant and i was trying to gain weight now im at 120 and i want to stay there just tighten the tummy a bit more lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:55 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Yes! I was wearing my regular clothes withing days of having my DD and lost all my weight plus more within 2 weeks of having her. I did not diet or exercise, I breastfed!
    Anonymous