I went to the dr today & still dont know if im pregnant?

I went to the dr today to get a blood pregnancy test. they did the urine test and it came back negative. he said that i couldn't be pregnant because i would've had to have sex 14 days after my period. but ive been told that you can even get pregnant right before your supposed to start your period.( i didn't have sex until i was already 3 days late, and still haven't had a period and it been 2 weeks) even the nurse told me that you can get pregnant anytime during the month. he confused me really bad. he didn't really want to do the blood test but i told him that i wanted it anyways to make sure. so i gotta wait a few days to get results.
do you guys think that i could still be pregnant even though my urine test was negative??

LogansMama88

Asked by LogansMama88 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no-if your period is late, and its a negitive, its negitive, try again next month.
    Anonymous

• Yes, it is possible.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Yes...that happened to me with my son, although that was 19 years ago, but I went to the dr and had the urine test it was negative, they made me wait 2 weeks to have the blood test done, I knew I was pregnant. Finally I got the blood test done and it was positive.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I had 3 faint positives at home, a NEGATIVE at the clinic and a positive blood test. So yes, it is possible you could be pregnant and have a negative test. When I got my negative at the clinic they tried to tell me I had a miscarriage the month before so I asked them "Then how come I'm just NOW getting positive tests?". They felt stupid and did the blood test and apologized to me when it came up positive.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:43 AM on Jul. 16, 2009