We all have to go - right?

So, we all die. Why does it matter if we smoke, or live under power lines, or don't buckle up? I mean, really, we are all gonna go some day. Personally I don't want to get old. I don't want to have to have people do for me, so if I die at 65 because I'm a smoker, who cares... Why does everyone on this site seem to think they have to preach about it? What does it possibly matter to you if anyone else is a smoker, a drinker, or eats at McDonalds? So what? I mean in this country the water will give you cancer...

There was a question earlier about did smoker moms quit or switch brands because of cost. And there were a number of posts talking about "Please, Please Please quit" Come on, are you kidding? Like that's gonna make anyone say, oh, sure I'll quit now. Why would you even care, makes no sense!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Health

• Lmfao!!!! i think i answered that question. I didn't see the rest of them begging me to quit though...lmfao!!! I quit when i'm good and ready thanx, and just so evryone knows, I do NOT smoke around my kids. So its just me & i can make my own decisions.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 9:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I agree!

I did quit, but for my own personal reasons, but for the love of god people when i did smoke would tell me how bad it was and how I should quit - don't they think i already knew that? For god sakes I took health class, I saw the diseased pig lung, I saw the videos, I had the guest speaker with a hole in his damned throat - do you think YOU telling me is going to make me suddenly decide to stop??

Sorry to rant, lol, but this is a subject that irks me.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 9:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• three of my four grandparents lived past 80; they were all active, independent people with rich social lives.
    I am sorry that you are so depressed, have you considered getting help?

Answer by rkoloms at 9:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I think it's all about the quality of your life, if you smoke or dont' take care of yourself you'll just feel crappy for the rest of your life. Some people look great when the are 65, while others who chose to do self distructive things, look older that what they are. So if you don't mind looking like your 75 when your only 60, than go ahead and smoke away.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 9:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• smokings for skanks
    Anonymous

• Personally, I want to live a long, long time. I am not even a grandmother yet. I figure as long as I am alive, medical advances are being made, so maybe our life expectency will be beyond 78. I have a lovely lady who didn't drink, or smoke and she died of lung cancer. I agree we never know our time. I have both smoked and not. And I agree that I didn't want to hear from reformed smokers. They have as much appeal as Jehovah's witnesses.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 10:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• haha yea...as much appeal as a basket full of horse poo as well. im an ex-smoker who only quit because i started having some allergy issues and sinus migraines from the local foliage (west texas weirdo plants). i dont drink, dont party, dont speed, dont do drugs, and i just want a cig sometimes. sue my ass. when you sit there eating your hershey bar...suckin back a coke to wash down your burger...remember all that nonsolicited advice about healthy living. its not as bad...but sometimes i just dont wanna be good! my in laws smoke pretty much 2 packs a day at 65 yrs old..neither have health related issues. life isnt garunteed so live it up...its all about moderation.
    FoxyRoxyMommy

Answer by FoxyRoxyMommy at 11:21 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• A smoker is lucky to make it to 65 and be in good health. Kill yourself if you want to...You are right, why do I care? I don't know you, but am so glad my husband quit smoking. I want him to be healthy in our retirement years so we can travel, golf and have active lives. My aunt had your attitude. "we all die anyway so I will not quit smoking." She died at 48. My uncle spent the last 4 years playing nurse to her. If you don't want to see your kids graduate from college, get married or meet your grandkids.... then that is your business. But don't Bitch about the taxes on cigarettes bc someone will need to pay your Medical when you are in too poor of health to care for yourself.

Of course there are no guarantees any of us could get hit by a truck and die tomorrow. But statistically you will live longer and healthier if you eat healthy, don't smoke, use sunblock, get enough sleep and wear a seat belt.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 11:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• did you know that the leading cause of death is LIFE.

lol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jul. 16, 2009