How do I start labor?

twohearts07

Asked by twohearts07 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well when I had my last child I tried to have sex a lot which didn't help but then I took 3tbsp and some juice of Caster Oil and that put me in to labor majorly.. but Its not fun and it hurt.. I was in a lot of pain and pooping a lot! But if you really want to jump start labor thats the best way I have tried.
    MommySteph1011

Answer by MommySteph1011 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I have heard Castor Oil is the way to go!!!! I heard it sucks and gives you the poops but it gets the job done!
    allisha_mom2B2

Answer by allisha_mom2B2 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• DOnt do Castor oil unless you are over due and atlease dialated to 1cm cause using castor oil can cause complications and can make your baby "Poop" inside of you and he/she can swallow it and choke. I would say try..... * Sex *Walking * Spicey Foods * Raspberry Leaf tea! * Chinese food!!! *Primrose oil tablets you can buy them at walmart you break them open and stick it inside of you! Ive never used them but I heard they work. Goodluck hon.
    1mom08

Answer by 1mom08 at 2:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• You wait. When the baby is ready labor will start.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Don't take anything special. Go on walks, have sex, try spicy or greasy foods... and get lots of rest. Your baby will come soon enough.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 5:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• When my second son was overdue and breaking my water wasn't working, my mid-wife made me do "nipple stimulation." You just literally stimulate your nipples which brings on contractions. Keep doing so until your contractions are regular. I hated doing it, but my son was born just a short time later.

Hope this helps! Good luck to you!
    jthimes

Answer by jthimes at 11:52 AM on Jun. 23, 2008