How rude is this?

MY sister just called and told me about aa conversation she had with a girl she use to be friends with .
This girl told my sister that she is pathetic for working at KFC and that she should do things how she did . That at least she has made something of her self .So naturally I asked well what did this girl Helene? She told me that she is pregnant at 16 kicked out of her house living in section 8 on foodstamps and all that stuff.
Now my sister and I dont think anything different of someone that needs help , But this girl was basically trash talking my sister for NOT being pregnant in high school and working .
WTH ? How has this girl made a life for herself?
I think that girl was so rude. My sister said it took some great self control to just ignore her and not go off on her.
Im proud of my sister sticking with school working her butt off and NOT getting pregnant . Ugh some people .

Mrs.Owen86

Asked by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Your sister could nicely say to her, that when she has a husband and children, her children will be proud of her. She could mention to her "friend" that if she truly loved her child, she would have given it up for adoption. That way her child would know the joy of being loved and being raised by responsible parents. At age 16 she is being selfish, and not offering her child what he/she deserves. At least your sister loves her future children enough to be prepared to be a responsible parent. Good for her.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 10:21 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• People that are insecure about their own lives usually try to belittle others in order to make themselves feel better. It sounds like that was what this girl was doing. It was good that your sister was able to hold her tongue and not say anything to the girl. I'm not so sure I'd have been able to hold my tongue if I were her.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• My sister is like me and has a mouth LOL . She would had said some pretty harsh things lol .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:20 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Tell your sister that she rocks. I told my kids and my grandkids that no matter what you do in life do it well. Be the best at whatever you choose to do. Nothing wrong with KFC. I worked there many years ago. Today I'm retired but went to college and law school and ended up as a teacher. It's all good. If your sister likes KFC then she might work up to manager, regional manager or even owner of a franchise. She can be anything she wants. I'm very proud of her. She must have high self esteem and self respect. She also must believe in herself and not think she has to be some man's play thing to be a valued person in life. Good for her.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:20 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Hooray for your sister! Working at KFC is a lot better than looking for a handout just to get by. I know that there are people out there that NEED help every once in a while, myself included, but I'd rather be flipping burgers or handing out chicken than on welfare for the rest of my life and having babies just to get WIC and food stamps.
    Mrs.Frazzle

Answer by Mrs.Frazzle at 9:22 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• She doesnt Like it but our mom is the store manager LOL . It is a promised job and my sister says its better then nothing at least she is working. I couldnt be more proud of my sister then I am . She has really Grown up so much ! LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Kudos to your sister for not only holding her tongue in that situation, which takes a great deal of control, but also for doing the right thing regarless of what that dumb-ass thinks! Staying in school, working... really making a life for herself. That is just sad for the other girl... But, I hope your sister never calls her again. You know what they say about "birds of a feather". Your sis needs to stay friends with people that have something to offer (ie: goals, morals, etc) and stay away from those that will only pull her down in life.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• She should work at Sonic. Min wage AND tips if you car hop. I made good money while I worked there.
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 9:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• She lives in a small town just south of the canada boarder lol . They dont have sonic all they have is the KFC . They have to drive an hour to go to walmart and target even LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• your sister did good for herself...screw that other chick
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 9:40 PM on Jul. 15, 2009