IS IT RUDE

My daughter is getting marriage ,each person is 67.50,Also,it's candlelight and formal,we have put on the invitations and a follow-up,Adult Only,how do you deal with people who insist that they want to bring their kids. Help !!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Entertainment

• It is your event, your rules. Don't let anyone disrespect your wishes and needs. Its your money, your event, your time, your space. You could even hire a family friend or someone to watch the door and politely only let adults who follow the rules in, or people on a ''guest list''. Also, remind them its an 'adult only affair, please respect our wishes' on the invites and reminders.I know how you feel.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 8:23 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Tell them NO. You put it on the invitation, so they are well aware. It's not about them, it's about your daughter && if she doesn't want kids at her wedding, then people should respect that.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Ask them what part of ADULT ONLY don't they understand? Ok, that is how I'd say it but you might just stand firm and say NO Children or maybe they can come to the wedding but not stay for the reception. That way it's still a shared event and they can leave after the ceremony

Answer by admckenzie at 9:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• You just be blunt, that it's a wedding for adults only, no children. And that you'd understand if they can't make it.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• you could hire a sitter

Answer by rkoloms at 9:43 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Just say you are sorry, but its your daughters happiest day of her life, and due to finances and other issues, you can only have adults.
    Anonymous

• tell them how sorry you are that they wont be attending. if they keep on, be blunt and say no kids thats our final answer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Thank you all for your awesome comments. My DD wedding is in 1 week,I am so excited and happy for them both.
    Anonymous