What's a great way to announce the name we've chosen for our baby? (Some ideas included)

We didn't get the suspenseful announcement that I was pregnant, or the gender; we want to plan something special for announcing his name! We're thinking we'll do it at the baby shower. Some possible ideas we have so far;

1) Playing Hangman with the baby's name as the answer,

2) Throwing a huge bag of plastic eggs in the floor and saying one of them has the name in it,

3) Serving a cake with his name written across the top,

4) Taking a group picture and having the photographer (hubby or I) say, "Everyone say, '(baby's name)'!" right before taking a picture.

What are some other ways we could reveal his name?

Raphaeline

Asked by Raphaeline at 9:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think the hang-man game is a great idea, how cute. & congrats :D
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Those are all quite clever! I am waiting until the birth of my baby to announce the name. With my first we didn't do anything special because we were so excited we just kinda told everyone. lol. But this time the gender and name is going to be saved for birth. Then we can introduce the baby to the world with their new name!
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Just tell them, why make such a big deal about it, it's not like it's the only baby being born
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 9:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• staceynoel~ That was rude, rude, rude...if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say ANYTHING. Geeeze this is a special time in someones life and you want to ruin it. Hope you wake up on the RIGHT side of the bed tomorrow!!

I really like option #4! They all sound like good ideas, infact, I'm gonna have to snatch one up for when we find out the sex of baby #4 in 2 weeks!! Anyway, Congrats and hope its a sucess!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 9:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I think the picture one is a good idea- it will probably take everyone a sec to get what they just said, and everyone Will than be like "OMG!!!" LOL and in the end, you'll be able to laugh at all the blonds that are like "why did we say ___________" while scratching there heads LOL Very original ideas! have a happy baby shower!!!

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 9:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Thanks, everyone (well, maybe not staceynoel -_- )! I'm thinking we might go with the plastic eggs so far, although I'm not really sure yet, just to see my mother get down on her hands and knees and dig =) I really think she'd do it if it meant she'd be the one to announce what the name on the paper was!
    Raphaeline

Answer by Raphaeline at 9:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• How fun. Your ideas are creative. Possibly you could one of them at the Christening or whatever party you throw after the baby is born. If you do the party before he/she is born then you might feel stuck with the name. Some people pick out more then one name, or totally change their mind about the name they have picked when they see the baby. This way you have options. I kept the name I had picked out for my son, but changed my mind with my daughter. I have other people tell me that they also changed their minds. Good Luck with the new addition.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 9:50 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I absoulutely love the photography was to announce your babys name that would be so cool.
    Deanna84

Answer by Deanna84 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Wow, couple of real winners posting on this. I think somebody has a stick up their butt or something.

I will warn you to be careful about getting everyone stuck on one name and then you change you mind. We told everyone that our son was going to be named one thing, but then when he was born I took one look at him and changed my mind!
    littleredpony

Answer by littleredpony at 10:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Good grief, is there a way to post a question without allowing anonymous answers?

Anyhow, I wanted to add one my husband thought of; tie balloons to the backs of everyone's chairs, and later have a time set aside when everyone pops their balloons. Inside are slips of paper, one of which has the name.

I suppose I'm thinking of the announcement itself as kind of a party game :)
    Raphaeline

Answer by Raphaeline at 10:25 PM on Jul. 15, 2009