If a friend of yours got pregnant, and told you how excited she was to recieve PA because of it, would you contine a friendship?

My friend just got pregnant, and ALL she could talk about was the health insurance, and food stamps + WIC and houseing asst she can get now.
Being pregnant, and having another son already working two full time jobs I found myself getting VERY angry over her excitement with the "benifits" of getting pregnant, and I don't even want to associate myself with her anymore, but we have been friends for 10 years.
how do you feel about these type of people?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sometimes through life events we learn things about people we know that are just unacceptable for us. If the friendship is truly over for you You can handle it two ways. Just distance yourself from her, don't pick up calls or answer texts or emails and let it fade away..OR you can actively end it by telling her exactly how you feel about what she said and that you cannot continue to keep someone in your life that feels that way.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Is it really worth a friendship over? How about telling her that you think it's wrong and to please not discuss it with you. I don't see why you would end a friendship over it though.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Shes probably just happy someone can help her take care of her baby. Maybe she is happy to have a child, but other wise couldn't do it. And thanks to PA she can have a happy healthy child. I think your too judgemental...shrugging

Anonymous

• I think you are in different places right now and so it OK to cool off the friendship. It does not need to be a knock down drag out judgmental thing, just a let it slip away type thing. You may find down the road you have things in common again and can be friends then. My BFF from high school married a really rich older guy, I just let the divide it caused get wider naturally. When he traded her in for a younger model, I was the first one there with a hanky and a shoulder to cry on and NO I told you so's. She has always been my friend, there was just a time when we did not have enough in common to sustain a friendship.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• The perks of welfare are great! You should be happy for her, not jealous.
    Anonymous