Do you get mad when...

we went to the water park today and there was this little girl that kept cutting in line (we were in the "kiddie area") she would just walk right up and go down the slide- wasn't listening to the life guard- just going down.

I saw her Mom at the bottem of the slide and I told her "you need to teach your child to stand in line" the lady goes "she is only three- in fact today is her birthday"

UGH!!! My child could have gotten hurt by her- either him running in to her or her into him and besides- everyone else was having the patience to stand in line...I didn't care that it was her birthday?? if she is three, it is time she learns the rules

that just made me so mad...what would you have done? we just walked off after that and went to another part of the park

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would have commented to the mother as well! I have a habit of speaking my mind sometimes which can get me in trouble too! Its rude to just let your kids act in that manner there is a line & they need to wait their turn period. After the mom made a lame excuse I would have complained to the lifeguard about it trying to get something done. I most likely wouldnt have left the area.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 10:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• lol i would of kept my mouth shut, anon
    Anonymous

• I was at a place much like chucky cheeses the other day with my neise for HER birthday, and Abby was playing the game where you hit the gophers in the head with that paddle thing, (keep in mind you pay to use all these games) And some little boy comes running over, PUSHES her out of the way, took her paddle thing and finished her game.
    His parents were thugs, like scarry people, but I went and said something anyway, and his parents simply responded
    "SO, whats ur prob MA, my kid wants to play, he gonna play!!"
    that little boy followed her around all day, stealing her games AND TICKETSSSS!
    I would have left, but Abby wanted to play so bad, I almost smacked that little kid, and his parents.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 9:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't have said anything. Really, was it that big of a deal?
    Anonymous

• Ugh, that's why I don't go to little kid places. I hate Chuck E Cheese and crap like that.
    Anonymous

• I personally hate it when other people tell me how to parent my children. You never know, if the mom saw the cutting in line, maybe she was going to say something as soon as she saw her daughter again. What if the woman had been with her daughter in line, I'm sure she would have taught her how to be patient. Teaching a 3yr old patience does not happen overnight. Teaching a child of that age manners is a constant learning process that takes time. I think moms who jump in before letting the mom parent their children are the ones with patience problems. I think it's rude for other people to chime in and TELL other moms what to do.
    Anonymous

• And that's EXACTLY why children don't respect adults anymore, because the moms that think there above everyone else, I miss the days that you couldn't throw a candy wrapper on the groud with out Mrs.Johnson coming out, punishing you, AND calling your parents. Those times were SO much better.

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 10:20 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I'm half and half with this one... On one hand I can see where anon:12 is coming from, because one doesn't know what made the mother distracted or whatever in the first place. On the other hand...too many parents LET their kids be rude little jerks 3 or 12 years old, and I think our world has enough a**holes, let's not let our kids be like that..
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Go to the management. Obviously the mother was not interested in teaching her child. If something is said to her by management it might make a difference.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:20 PM on Jul. 15, 2009