why does us as people?

Take what they want to believe out of the bible and leave the rest? The bible was writen for us to go by ALL the bible not just what we want to believe in? We wil lbe judged by this so why do we do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• THE BIBLE TELLS US PLAIN AND DAY TO NOT TAKE OR ADD TO THE WORD
    Revelation 22:18-19 (King James Version)

18For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Because the bible contradicts its self.
    Anonymous

• we are human and we don't know better....because we ALL fall short of the glory of God
    vidamc2

Answer by vidamc2 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• because it has been translated too many times to suit the needs of its followers.
    Anonymous

• Exactly, Hinson. Might I add.. anytime you use the word they leave out you are also called a hater.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 10:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Everybody that has a differing opinion than any body else will often accuse the other person of picking and choosing through the Bible. I find all of this to be childish nonsense among us.

I do not belittle the personal experiences of other Chrisitans and how they feel God has reached out to them or brought them to an understanding of scripture through the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit. This is because I expect people not to belittle my experiences and how I feel the Holy Spirit reaches me through God's word. I think that no matter what denomination you are or what you feel the Bible says, if you're coming before God with an earnest heart and in all honesty seeking to serve him the best way, from your understanding of scripture, that you feel you can serve him; he honors and delights in that.

I think God is very dissapointed when we use our interpretations of scripture as weapons against others for being different.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Here, Here, NovemberLove! =)
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 11:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• cause we have been given free will and have been made with weakness. the lord does not expect us to be perfect and sometimes an experience helps you to strengthen a weakness or to help us help others from learning from our mistakes. a lot of the times why we pick what we choice or ignore rather is cause of up brinigng or influences in your life. such as smoking drinking sex gambling crime mruder etc. so if your not strong in the gospel you tend to be subjected by satans temptation. i have found when i progress that satan works harder on me to try to get me not to and have me fail. also that leads us to why the atonement has been offered to us. we repent forsake it and make it right if possible. hopefully we have learned the first time around but most don't. anon 10:13 that the bible has been translated so many times but basic standards. morals and values are still the same. as if you do unto other has you have done unto you.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• The spirit of TRUTH reveals all in due time. Everything has its time and place in our walk with God. God bless.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 11:05 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Simply, It is mostly because of lack of understanding, wisdom, knowledge, and lack of Fear of the Lord!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 15, 2009