Would you feel uncomforatble with a black OB/GYN if you were white or a white OB/GYN if your black-

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• for me personally I think I would feel very uncomfortable about that unless the opposite color dr was the same sex as me.
    vidamc2

Answer by vidamc2 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Nope..I would feel uncomfortable if it was a really cute male instead of a woman.
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 10:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Im white and from the South no less and it would not bother me one little bit. As long as they know what they are doing I have no problems (unless I get a bad vibe, be them black, white, yellow, green, blue and so on).
    Anonymous

• Um yeah, so long as it was a female OB/GYN. Though I never intend to see another OB period, so it doesn't really matter. What does the color of someone's skin matter, anyway? My OB was out of town once when I was pregnant and had to go to the hospital and the lady filling in for her was black, I think. I don't care and hardly notice what color people are.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I don't care what color they are, why should that make a difference anyways??!!! But i am only comfortable with female ob/gyn's.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Nope! My ob had to go to Poland to attend his mother's funeral when I was in labor with my 2nd, and the one that filled in was this highly competent black ob, and he was amazing.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Nope!! I'm fine with it... :0)
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 10:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• No I have had obgyns that are african american, and korean. I'm white. I see no reason to be uncomfortable about someones race. They went to school for what thier doing so I feel confident they are able to do their job.
    penguinqueengi

Answer by penguinqueengi at 10:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I had a black male doctor for ONE apt only, it made me feel uncomforatble, I'm not sure if it was because he was black, or because I just got a bad vibe from him though.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 10:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• only thing that makes me uncomfortable is a male dr...and drs that i cant understand..like i hate it when they have a huuuge accent..yaaa drives me crazy!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 15, 2009