Any suggestions on what this could be??

I have been under a tremendous amount of stress here lately. The last few days I have felt like I have a cinderblock on my chest. Feels like I can't hardly catch my breath and I am keeping a funny tingly feeling in my gut. I am not physically sick. Any ideas on what this is and what could be causing it. I don't like the way it's making me feel at all!!

redtang912

Asked by redtang912 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Health

• Sounds like anxiety. I have had social anxiety my whole life. So I am use to being nervous feeling. But about 3 months ago I started having feelings like this. I couldn't breathe. But unlike a textbook "anxiety attack" my shortness of breath can last for hours, I would get a nervous feeling in my chest, shaky, and a general "out of it" feeling. It was panic disorder. I thought since I had suffered with anxiety and depression my whole life and never had this that I never would. But I have been MAJORLY stressed lately. I also have leaky heart valves and my cardiologist confirmed that it wasn't my heart. See a dr. I am on lexapro and take lorazepam when the feeling starts and its really helped.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 11:24 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Anxiety attack.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 10:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• panic attacks and anxiety due to stress...could also lead to heart trouble if it hasn't already. Go to the dr if possible just to make sure. That stress can literally kill ya if you are not careful
    vidamc2

Answer by vidamc2 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• You should seek medical care immediately. It may be stress or anxiety and it very well may be cardiac. Do not take the chance. Go
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Sounds like anxiety, it will get worse the more you stress too, then you start freakin when it happens because it scares you<< that feeds it more. But like like **vidamc2** says should get it checked just in case.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 10:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• could be anxiety, could be a heart attack.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:57 PM on Jul. 15, 2009