Unemployment and abuse???

ok, so a friend of mine lost her job, now she is on unemployment and she says "I don't even have too look for a job, with this economy they won't expect me to find a job"
she is very educated, and refused to take a job "below her"
now she is making $900.00 a month unemployment, and sitting at home on the PC all day, and doing NOTHING, and finds it funny.
GURRR, it pisses me off.
her live in boyfriend makes another 2,300 a month on top of that 900 she is getting....
I HATE people that do this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Once again..i'm glad I work and make good money and have everything I need or want.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 12:45 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Well when you receive unemployment they require you to list all the places you applied to each time you get a check so if she's not doing that it will catch up with her. Plus sooner or later she's gonna stop getting it.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, it does suck. I get umemplyoment but im looking for work. Unfortunately, most people want experience doing the job and most of them are jobs i have no experience in!
    Anonymous

• I agree that what she is doing is wrong, but with how the economy is and how hard it is to find a job, she should be looking for one anyway. My husband has been unemployed since jan. found a part-time job as a pizza deliver driver in June. and he has been looking since he lost his job. Six months is a long time to be looking for a job to only find a part-time min. wage job. She is really fucking herself over by being a lazy ass.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• My dh was suppose to make 2100 a month "off" unemployment! He worked 2 "other" jobs + took "some'" unemployment every 2 weeks + paid child support out of that, which was less than what his original benefit equaled. So what..I still got to stay home with our dd. What do you think that means? Just curious?
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 10:40 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Loryl...You want to know what I think of that?? I think that unemployment shouldn't go to paying your husband's child support and you should've gotten off your lazy ass and got a job. How about that hmm.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 10:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• BTW- our bennies were lost with the lay off. We make too much to qualify, not enough to be home free. There are many, many in our same situation doing without. We don't have new cars, new home, etc. WE have lived within our means. So, don't hate, some of us are working our rears off.
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 10:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• OH? Guess, what mama. I do work from home. Making enough to care for my family in these tought economic times. Don't judge mama...you can't possibly know everone's situations. huh?
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 10:50 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• BTW-I suppose you're one of the "ones" claiming I, I repeat, I should be paying for this 19 yo child??? Like I said, don't judge. You can't possibly know everyone's situation. My dh is paying for his responsibilities, I'm helping to pay for ours. Biatch!!!!!!!!!

Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 10:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I didn't say I did, but don't put shit out there without someone "judging" you.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 10:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2009