My son will be 2 next month & give him 3 servings of whole milk a day , should I

switch to a lower fat milk or do they have to drink whold milk for a certain amount of time?

NicksMom11385

Asked by NicksMom11385 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Most doctors recommend switching to 2% at a certain age, i want to say twoyrs, but im not sure. Anyways, its because whole milk has more fat in it than 2%. So i guess 2% is healthier. My kids are tiny little things, so i switch back and forth between both.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Past a human's second birthday, the only beverage needed is water.
    Cow milk is for baby cows. Like many other nutrients, and despite the claims of the dairy industry, plant based calcium is superior to animal based. Here is some of what the doctors at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine say: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html

Answer by rkoloms at 10:50 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• wic says at age 2 to go down to 1%
    GoddessHeatherM

Answer by GoddessHeatherM at 10:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• its up to you my son hates whole milk and hes one, on the other hand my 3yr only likes whole milk. it all depends if you want to "plump" him up a bit use whole milk if not got to 2% or even less what ever you perfer
    mamaheidi301

Answer by mamaheidi301 at 11:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I'd recommend switching to 2%. My son will only drink 2% and to me it tastes better as well. Also if you receive WIC I know most places now have it to where you can only get 2% or 1% after their 2nd birthday.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:50 AM on Jul. 16, 2009