Ummmmm okies please explain this christians. *spin off from my calling all catholics post*

Okies now I'm confused. You said our soul will be reunited with the body? Umm then can you please explain what Genesis 2:7 mean? I read that people belive the soul will be reunited with the body at the ressuerection. I STILL don't understand why God needs to come agian if people go to heaven right now and Hell exists right now. HEre's the verse so please help me understand you reasoning.

Genesis 2:7 (King James Version)

7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 10:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Shadrach Meshach and Abednego went through persecution. We are also going to go through persecution. God said so. It is already happening (everywhere, but here). But I do not believe that we will go through the tribulation. That is when God pours out His wrath on unbelievers. There will be people who get saved during the tribulation and they will go to heaven too. But God will remove His bride before he pours out his wrath on the earth.

When you got married, did your husband beat the snot out of you first? No. Christians suffer from the hand of non-believers -- never the hand of Jesus Christ. He will take us away just like He protected Noah. We will be raptured just like Elijah. "Caught up with Him in the air"
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:17 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Jesus will return because he said he will. I'm not that knowledgeable, but if you like to read, The Left Behind series is a great way to figure it out. It helped me understand.
    Anonymous

• Part of the purpose of the 2nd coming of the Lord is to get back to that creation-level earth and life for us.

Remember God created the earth as a paradise, and Adam and Eve as immortal (until they transgressed).

Part of the whole 2nd coming and resurrection thing is to finish redeeming the earth and humankind from it's fallen and mortal state (made possible by the atonement of Christ).

Now about Heaven and Hell already being in place. You're going to hear conflicting doctrines on this depending on the denomination, so not everyone is going to agree with this: But I believe there is a final judgement at the time of the resurrection - that only the extremely evil remain in a state of hell at that point. That in that final judgement most people will be given some state of rest or glory, but that the levels or closeness to God's presence on that will vary widely.
    Anonymous

• Our soul will be united with a "new" body when Jesus comes back again.

The Heaven in place right now is a temporary Heaven. Once the book of Revelations is fulfilled a new Earth will be created and Heaven will be on Earth.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• This Earth and we are His creations. He is returning to claim His own and to triumph over Satan once and for all. He is returning because He said He would. He is returning to fulfill scripture.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:51 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I would read the Left Behind series, but only as a work of fiction. I can find NO scriptural evidence for a rapture. As I understand it we are not getting out of here. We are going to be here during the time of trouble. I think's it's God last way of making sure who his true children are. I mean when it comes down to what Shadrack, Meshack and Abednago had to go through. Worship or Die. God's people will of course choose death, but some wont. I believe that that is when the Mark of the Beast will e recieved. You care more for you worldly things then heavenly things. But if the rapture is real I HOPE my kids go I am prepared to stay here but my children I do not want to starve and suffer. but agian like I said I have found no such evidence supporting the rapture.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 11:51 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Read Revelation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I dont have my Bible with me atm. But, I'll see if i can find some verses on my own. The Bible is still a bit confusing to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Ok the question I was asking was this. I am being told that when we die our soul is immortal or something and it's the body that dies so our soul waits for us to be ressurected. But this verse clearly says that God made man out of earth and breathed into him teh breath of live, and man became a living SOUL. So if we are a soul how can our soul wait for us?
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 3:01 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• The believers went through tribulation (persecution and the like) during the Middle Ages so what makes us in these days feel we are so much better? Jesus assured us that we would suffer persecution. He prayed that His Father would not take us out of the world, but keep us from the evil. We are going to go through. Only those who have given their life fully to Him, who laid aside all selfishness and materialism will see Him in peace. We must worship the God who made the heavens, the earth, and the sea and the fountains of waters. We have to come out of Babylon. The Left Behind series is a tool of Satan's deception.The entire Christian world has been swept up in the "secret rapture" phenomenon and it will lead them away from the truth! God has given us in the Bible examples of how He saves His people. Look at Noah...in the world, but sheltered. (cont.)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:30 AM on Jul. 16, 2009