What do you think is a good gift for my son going off to Stanford?

I just want to give him something that is good but useful. He is going3 3,000 miles away to school. So I am not thinking of things that are necessities. Some thing for him to think of us or home or fun.

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• save the money, it's going to cost a fortune to get him through Stanford
    Anonymous

• A rechargable gidt card. Of all the things my son used and needed the most was the rechargable gift card.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:43 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• laptop, iphone, mp3 player, giftcards are good too. send him monthly care packages. I remember my first year in college...I loved getting packages from my parents.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 10:47 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• condoms. I'm serious about that.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I love all the things mentioned already and most of what I'd think of is already listed, if you want to add to it any, you can send him off with a digital picture frame chalked full of all kinds of happy moments he's had growing up with you guys. The previous posters have given many great answers though :)

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 11:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• monthly care packages are the best things that you can send to your son. He knows that you are constantly thinking of him when he gets those packages every month (even though are always thinking of him anyway).
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 1:02 AM on Jul. 16, 2009