What should I do about sons rash?

My son has had diarrhea all day and I am out of baby powder (the only thing that usually helps) It doesn't matter where I put it he always gets it and dumps it on the floor. Anyway, I live 20 miles from closest store that is open and I hit a deer with my car so I have no way to get the store. Any suggestions on what to do? My grandmother told me corn starch, but I don't have that either. Would tylenol help any? He keeps waking up crying and I don't know what to do for him. I feel so bad.

2004MAMA715

Asked by 2004MAMA715 at 10:44 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• do you have any vasoline... or resinol?
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 10:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• yes tylenol willl help with pain

so will neosporin
    queenamy

Answer by queenamy at 10:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• i used a mixture of neosporin, diaper cream on my sons rash and it helped. You can let the area air dry for a while before putting that stuff on if the diareah is gone ( you dont want that, trust me)
    Anonymous

• I tried rash cream and he screamed. I didn't try neosporin because I thought he would probably scream about that too. I thought the diarrhea was gone and had his diaper off. It wasn't gone. I'm sure you all know what happened. I'm going to just try tylenol for now and see what happens. Thank you all.
    2004MAMA715

Answer by 2004MAMA715 at 11:05 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• protrolem jelly,but when my lil one had a bad rash once i just used a rag and washed her with that every time she went potty instead of the wipes,i also didnt put anything on her and kept her dipar off,i just laid a ton of blankets under her when she slept..i did alot of laundry that 2 days i tell ya.oatmeal bath will help with the burning of the rash.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 4:59 AM on Jul. 16, 2009