Am i the only one who HATES the show 16 and pregnant?!?

it like promotes young girls getting pregnant and watches them make a fool outta themselves tryna care for a baby. it erks me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I know like it. But I don't think it promotes or encourages teen pregnancy in anyway.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 10:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I think it's kinda entertaining, lol. Then again, I'm pregnant and love to watch ANY show about pregnant women/girls. You're right, though...I bet it does give a lot of the dumber teenage girls the idea that it's easier to be a mom than it really is.:)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I have never watched and refuse to just because of the concept.

Reality TV has really gone to crap. It used to be decent, but then came Jon and Kate and the Duggars.... I guess families got boring and they had to go with unwed teen mothers.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• it bothers me too, I feel that some of those episodes made it seem hard, where others made it seem like a way to get out of parents house and live with boyfriend. if I was 16 and hated my mom, and watched that show, it might have giving me an idea to get pregnant just so I could move in with my little boyfriend, even IF i new ho hard it would be.

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 10:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Ive never seen it , dont care to. I think it is stupid . I mean how many teens are gonna get pregnant now because hey they can be on MTV
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I think it's sad, Hopefully other young girls will learn from this...
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 11:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• And this is reason number 143576 for not having a t.v in my home.
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 11:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• im soooo with you!!!!!!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I have watched the show and actually if the girls watching it were smart they would see that either the girls have no baby daddy or the daddy is with them and all they do is fight because they realize that being a parent and being a "real relationship" is harder then they thought. After that baby is born reality hits hard. I really love the ones though that think that they can have the same friends and normal life like they did before the baby.WRONG!!!
    zachysmommy04

Answer by zachysmommy04 at 11:15 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Its suppose to do the opposite. It shows teens how hard it is to have a kid when your still a child yourself. i think its a good show, and i hope something like that is on when my kids get to be a certain age. It may make the talk easier if i had something to show them. jmo.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 15, 2009