should I go to the ER? HELP, I am really scared

I dont know what I have but there is a HARD red bump on my boob, it is hot, really tender and has what I thought were fang marks from a spider. But I went to my DD's doctor and they said its not a spider bite, they arent sure what it is...but its NOT a spider bite. And she sent me home. Well I was looking at it today because I am curious, and I was picking at what I thought was a fang mark and it started shooting puss out of it...and them I squeezed it and the other one burst too, with a TON of puss. What could this be? Should I go to the ER...I dont know if this makes a difference but I also have a hard lump on my side that has been there for a few months. I am 16 weeks pregnant if this could be causing it...??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Health

• when in dout go to the doctor or hospital save a littleof the puss on a swab so they can test it but to me it sounds like a boil theres this stuff called prid its in an orange contianer you can get it at walmart try using that if it doesnt go down some in a day then deffantily go to the doc or hospital
    Anonymous

• sounds like a pregnancy skin problem of giant zits. I had the same thing. It will heal, no reason to go to the ER.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• It does sound like a boil. I have been bitten by a brown recluse spider, you will sometimes fill ill (I did) the area started as a red bump, like a mesquito bite but got huge swollen and painful within 24 hours. The dr diagnosed it as a boil the next day. My entire calf was swollen. The next day my skin was black at the bite site and falling off. If you see that, go to the ER asap. I had IV antibiotics and had it lanced and drained. But that is what a poisionous spidet will do within 48 hours or so
    Anonymous

• Stop picking at it!! It could be infected and picking at it makes it so much worse! Go to an urgent care walk in place and have it looked at. If you don't have an urgent care center nearby, I'd go to an ER but not a trauma ER. They have more important stuff going on. Try a small hospital that doesn't take traumas. You most likely won't have to wait long at a nontrauma center.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 12:29 AM on Jul. 16, 2009