can she have the bottle in bed?

my neighbor asked me the other week if when her daughter starts holding her bottle can she give it to her in her crib and let her fall asleep with it,i told her i didnt know, i have never done it, what do you guys think?

MammaSherry

Asked by MammaSherry at 10:57 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son is one now and he loves his bottle the only time i can get him to use a sippy cup is during meal times inhis highchair..lol but yes its fine for him to have the bottle in the crib with him just make sure its not one that leaks or has nipple that the drink can just flow out of. otherwise id say ur just fine doing that
    mamaheidi301

Answer by mamaheidi301 at 11:00 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I would not. It's not good for the teeth because you won't brush them and it can lead to tooth decay. This happened to my friends baby and he had to have his teeth pulled at 3.

Anonymous

• I've had doctors tell me not to let my son take a bottle/cup to the bed, but mine did... Like mommaheidi said- make sure it doesn't leak as this can be a chocking hazard. And it depends on how old the baby is. I wouldn't leave a 6week old baby in her crib with a bottle. However I'd leave a 6 month old. My son still takes a cup to bed, but only with water in it. This is a habit I'm trying to break....I'd say if the infant is older then it's safe.
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 11:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• pediatric nurse- NO its is bad for their teeth lets the sugar sit there and collect
    Anonymous

• a formula bottle will rot their teeth??
    MammaSherry

Answer by MammaSherry at 11:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Yes...a formula bottle will rot their teeth....its terrible....I have seen it many times...you have no idea how many kids come into the surgery center from 2 years and up to get multiple teeth filled and capped...it's really sad...my guess would be b/c they are sleeping with it and the milk is just sitting in their mouth. I don't think it's good for ear infections either...
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:13 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Never. Bad for teeth.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 12:35 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• NO!! its bad for their teeth and i have heard it causes ear infection ...
    lizzysmom83

Answer by lizzysmom83 at 1:54 AM on Jul. 16, 2009