At what age can infant have juice?

Can my 5 month old daughter have apple/prune juice? She seems very uncomfortable and I think the juice will help her go potty? Is she old enough?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• tea works wonders
    Anonymous

• That is a question you should ask your doctor to be honest. We started our son on a half juice half water mix at 8 months after he got pneumonia and the doctor said it would help him since he couldnt have formula when he was running a fever. If your daughter has never had juice before I suggest trying 1 ounce juice to 3 ounces water since she is young, I don't think that would hurt her but i would not try prune juice that young. Something about it iritates their bellies from what I understand. I can't even try my son on prune juice because I'm scared to find out if he has my severe allergy to it. I would call your doc first thing in the morning. You may try to mix it in with her cereal though. That was okay at 5 months for my son for some reason but not drinking it.
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 11:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• yeah I forgot about that. when i started giving him tea about 2 months ago (he's a year old now) he started going 2-3 times a day instead of every other day like he was.
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 11:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• my DD's doc told me to give her 1 oz of water to 2 oz of prune juice to help with her "potty problems. it worked and that was when she was 3 months old. wic has started giving me juice now so i let her drink it. 1 oz of water to every 2oz of juice. pear juice also works wonders for potty problems. but ALWAYS WATERED DOWN!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jul. 16, 2009