30 WEEKS PREGNANT!!

I'VE BEEN HAVING SOME LIGHT CONTRACTIONS TODAY!! I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW CAN A BABY SURVIVE IF HE WAS BORN AT 30 WEEKS? IM SO SCARED!!!!

BABY312

Asked by BABY312 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• One of my school friends had her baby at 26 weeks and he is doing great. I do pray though that your baby will be ok.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• very much so!!!
    queenamy

Answer by queenamy at 11:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• your probably fine, just calm down, I have light contractions all day, its just my body prepairing for birth, with that said, my friend just had a baby at 31 week and her baby is doing GREATTTTT!!!
    good luck.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 11:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• first thing you need to do is relax. you stressing out wont help. you are probably having braxton hicks. i did at that time. they are normal stop stressing. if they start becoming regular and every few minutes apart call your dr or your birthing hospital and talk to a nurse.
    GoddessHeatherM

Answer by GoddessHeatherM at 11:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• When I went to my 24 week appointment the midwife told me if I were to have the baby that day, there would be a very good possibility that she would survive. And I knew a guy whose wife had their baby 10 weeks early, so I assume at 30 weeks, and he was in the hospital for quite awhile, but he's perfectly fine now.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_a_baby_survive_if_it_is_born_at_30_weeks
    Anonymous

• Miracles can happen. I am assuming this is your first pregnancy?... First, calm. Second, Your body will be doing a lot of exercising, like for a marathon. Contractions are nothing to worry about unless they are really hard: you can't breath through them. Last, call your doctor, and just let him/her know what's going on, just so he or she can check things out when you're there next. For my first, I was having light contractions long before my boy was born, and everything was just normal. Remember, calm. We're here for you.
    cocoamug

Answer by cocoamug at 11:05 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Yes, but they can also try to stop your labor if you are really in labor. I would call dr.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Call your dr. If you're in preterm labor they can give you magnesium sulfate to stop the contractions and steroid shots to mature the baby if you have to give birth prematurely which greatly increases the baby's chances. I was in your shoes two weeks ago and though it sucks to be in the hospital, they really have come a long way with technology. There's so much they can do for you and your baby but I wouldn't take any chances. Call your Dr.
    magoogie

Answer by magoogie at 8:56 AM on Jul. 16, 2009