77,000 PA State workers working w/out paychecks

When Gov. Rendell of PA spoke to the media about the current budget impasse which is leaving sooo many working people w/no income, telling state employees to go apply for welfare and to take out loans to pay their living expenses - this is what he said...this is an actual quote from MSNBC...

"Most of those state workers -- I've arranged for them to get a $15,000 loan with no interest, so if they're paying off $6,000 worth of credit debt at 14 percent, they should put a statue of me up on their mantel place," Rendell said.

How arrogant! He thinks he belongs on a pedestal and we're nobodys who work for no pay! These loans don't exist and most are inelig. I urge you to to go the governor's website,

www.governor.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/governor's_web_site/2985

and tell him how horrible this is and how he should fix the budget NOW!

Thanks for your support.

What do you think?

Cantstandya

Asked by Cantstandya at 11:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This is nothing new. Rendell has not met the budget deadline in the past 7 years he's been governor. Yet he CONTINUES to be re-elected!!! Why is it he can screw with people over and over and over again, yet the citizens of PA overwhelmingly vote him back into office?!

http://www.redcounty.com/rendell-0-7-state-budget-deadline

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I didn't vote for him!
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• "he should fix the budget NOW"

But why should he? Seriously, people keep voting for the moron and those workers aren't going to quit because the economy is so bad that they know they can't find another job right now so where's the motivation for him t fix it? Sad but true...

Anonymous

• Oh. . .I'm sorry, and he's an arrogant bastard.

I didn't vote for him, either, but I think you should talk to a lawyer, and at the very least the dept of labor. It's illegal to ask someone to work without pay.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:04 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• "Ed Rendell has missed the budget deadline every year since taking over as governor in 2003."

Why would ANYONE re-elect this man?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:29 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Rendell is awesome, that's why he keeps getting overwhelmingly re-elected!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:59 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Interesting. I wonder how many of those that got that $15,000 interest free loan are going to default on that. And how does that help the rest of the country?

Note to self: Free money in PA! Rendell doesn't know simple math.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Jul. 16, 2009