why so much pressure?

I'll be 38 weeks this sunday and sm having a LOT of pressure down there. it feels like I shattered something down there. I know its a normal feeling but what is it? why does it hurt so bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You baby has to move down for deliver and everything else has to prepare itself also. It causes lots of pressure when you are stretching.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I'm just guessing...your cervix is opening more.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Several reasons. If you look on some diagrams, you will see how much the pelvic muscles have been stretched, on top of that you have pressure from the fetal head pressing on the cervix in preparation for birth, the uterus and cervix are preparing to relax and open, and your pelvic bones (which aren't fused together like in a man) are more relaxed because of the hormone relaxin. You also have a lot more blood flow in the area, so are more sensitive. On top of all that, there are a lot of nerves and blood vessels that may be squashed when you are in certain positions.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:33 AM on Jul. 16, 2009