So Scared!!

Im 20 years old and have had a healthy 2nd pregnancy, im 32 weeks now and starting to get so scared of everything. Im terrified i may die while giving birth or shortly after from a blood clot or something else terrible. Also, about having a stillborn ect... I think im going crazy!! Anyone else feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think a lot for women have those fears when pregnant. There are so many unexpected things in the world you just never know. I know I have felt that way when I was pregnant too. I am sure you will be fine. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Know that maternal mortality is WAY less than 1% in this country, and that it almost always happens to moms with complicated pregnancies.

Also know that your baby could survive outside the womb at this point. And that stillborn babies are also very rare.

I know this is a scary time, but really, you're going to be okay :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I feel like you do, but we can't do anything about it just relax it's up to god & pray alot don't stress that affects the baby majorly
    Anonymous

• just anxiety because you want it over with and are young and worried about all the what if's but I bet you will do just fine. Take a deep breath and relax
    vidamc2

Answer by vidamc2 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I'm sorry your are feeling so anxious. Take a breath and say to yourself, this is just anxiety. It will pass.

Hiring a doula may really help. She can talk to you about your feelings and you will know that she will be there for you for your labor and birth. Women who have doulas with them are less likely to have surgical deliveries, have shorter labors, and less drugs.

If you have had prenatal care there is very little a healthy 20 year old has to worry about except having to have a C-section. Blood clots aren't the problem that happens during delivery, it's amniotic fluid embolism. It is very rare.

Have you been watching too many maternity and delivery shows on TV? If so, cut it out! If you had PPD after your last birth you may be starting to get depressed and also having anxiety that can go along with depression. Make sure you talk to your doctor about your anxiety.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:23 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I am sorry you have been feeling this way but for you and your baby you need to think positivly and have good thoughts. specialist have said that an unborn child can and does feel what the mom is feeling so you just need to relax and when you start to have these feelings then you need to have some one that you can call to talk to nomatter what time of the day it is. good luck and take it easy!!
    Tdaycare6678

Answer by Tdaycare6678 at 1:00 AM on Jul. 16, 2009