Where do I start with a move?

My boyfriend is in Afghanistan and coming home soon. I want to find a house and have it all ready for when he gets home but i dont know where to start over than i know where i want the house. HELP?!?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Home & Garden

• are you getting married when he comes home or anything? there is different protocol for different situations. If you would like some advice, message me.
    ArmyWife9-2-08

Answer by ArmyWife9-2-08 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Well, consider that your perfect house may not be the same as his. Unless he has said "Go ahead and get something, anything" I'd probably wait until he comes home so you can look together.
    As for the actual buying, there are lots of sites that have good info for picking a house and paying for it.
    For the packing, try these tips: http://www.flylady.net/pages/Flying_MovingTips.asp
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• why move in together until you get married? While you are planning the wedding, you can look for a house. If he is military, his assignment might not be back home. If you want to buy, then you need to wait for his signature, unless you have a power of attorney. Also you would want to use his VA. It saves on closing costs, and less paperwork for you.

My advise is hold out for marriage, then move in together. You will be happier in the long run.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 12:12 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• When packing its alot eaiser to start with everything that is breakable. Then do the electronics. After that do everything but the big funiature. Its simple this way.Or just start in the kitchen and work your way around the house till there is nothing left to pack =). I have had to move a lot throught the years and this is how i always did it. Good luck and im happy that he is coming home =) But because he is military you might want to find out if he is going to be getting orders to move any time soon because if so i would wait to move till he gets his orders because they will pack everything and move it for him. So you might want to make sure about that before you move everything. And if you wait till he gets back he would be able to help with all the big stuff that you cant do yourself.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:04 AM on Jul. 16, 2009