Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Abusive relationship question....

I am separated from my husband who has been extremely abusive to me over the last year and a half....and we aren't in the divorce process yet, and we have a one year old daughter together. My question is simply this....what is the process once I go to an abuse help center or abuse far as my child and her father are concerned? What does the situation become?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (2)
  • do you have a restraining order...? that might help for a little while, so you don't have to worry about him trying to come see her.... if you have a reason to feel fearful, then you should really have an order of protection for yourself and your daughter.
    good luck to you.

    Answer by katatrinakay at 11:22 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

  • Definitely call a counselor or a church, and find out the best situation for yourself. They are trained and can evaluate how bad your husband is. Some abusive men will kill their families, and some will not. Even protection orders don't stop the bad ones. I had a friend who never when anywhere without her order and a gun, because it is only by the grace of God that she didn't die. Seek professional help so that you can protect yourself and your daughter. You don't want to let him visit her, if he thinks he can get back at you by hurting her. Good Luck. God Bless.

    Answer by moneymagnetmom at 11:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.