Is ice cream really that bad for you?

I mean I understand it has quite a bit of sugar, but it also has calcium and not a whole lot of calories. Vanilla ice cream cones seem to be my weakness lately.

sarapurser

Asked by sarapurser at 11:17 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• idk about that ... but we were looking ina calorie book the other day and a chocolate milkshake from Coldstone has something like 1200 calories in it!!!!!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 11:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I dont think so its got dairy and some have fruit so it cant be too bad for you in moderation.
    Anonymous

• there is also the fat. I try to get frozen yougurt or the lighter ice creams.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:21 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• not in the summer!
    marykay22

Answer by marykay22 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Does it have sugar? Hmmm?
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 11:21 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I also think in moderation it's okay. But, I try to buy Haagen Dazs or another icecream that is REAL...not a lot of weird chemicals.

If you eat it in moderation, the cost isn't prohibitive.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:21 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• There's really not that much fat in it either...Sugar is burned off almost immediately anyway. I get the all natural ice creams.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 11:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I've eaten a lot of ice cream throughout this pregnancy. It's my one weakness. (Yes, my doctor knows...and says it is okay!)
    Gwynyth

Answer by Gwynyth at 11:28 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Well, not for pregnant mamas. BUT, if you're tryin to lose weight? You should really go with frozen yogurt, in moderation. Exercise in moderation if preganant too. If not, you better work out some.
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 11:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• LOL pregnant LOL
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 11:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2009