panic about dying

Are you afraid to die? I have had this major fear that has came and went since I was a teen (15 yrs) of dying. During the day I am fine. But sometimes I will lay in bed at night and just think about death, and how it will be to be dead. That I won't exist. Will it feel like sleeping? I will tell myself that it will be like before I was born, but I will think of being dead and buried and almost have a panic attack. I can't count the times I have had to get up from the bed and go watch tv or something to try to calm myself, the darkness of the night was too much. Do I need to be commited or something? I am terrified when I drive that I will wreck and die. What is wrong with me??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Health

• i thought i was the only one that felt like that....thats my biggest fear, dying. but the worst is being buried in a casket .....i dont want to be burned..... but if they bury me......i dont want to be six feet down ....thats traumatizing...some people dont understand but this is a  problem.

Anonymous

• I do the EXACT same thing. I have had it since around that age as well. I am 29 now. But I believe in Heaven and Hell and that I am going somewhere after so that is what I hold onto. Well I believe I am going to Heaven not just somewhere.;) People will mock that fine but it's my faith. I pray about it all the time. I sometimes just pray myself to sleep. I have no idea why it happens either. I have anxiety and the panic feeling as well. Guess it's just too big of a concept for our minds to grasp.
    MandyBliss

Answer by MandyBliss at 1:12 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I HAVE THE SAME FEAR. I HATE THE DARK, AND THE THOUGHT OF BEING CLOSED IN A CASKET JUST SCARES ME BIG TIME. I HAVE TOLD EVERYONE THAT I WANT TO BE CREAMATED AND MY ASHES ARE TO BE PUT INTO A LOCKET FOR MY KIDS, AND MY FAMILY THAT WANTS SOME OF THEM, AND THE REST IS TO BE SPREADED OVER A BEAUTIFUL MOUNTAIN. GOOD LUCK. IF YOU WANT TO IM ME YOU CAN.
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 1:40 AM on Jul. 16, 2009