Do u think the parents that get angry over other parents "parenting" there children get upset because.....

I've NEVER had someone try to parent my children, I suppose this is because my children behave in public- if your kids get parented by other parents so often do u suppose its because your children are doing something naughty and your not paying attention, or don't care?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• People try to parent my children because they think Im a teenager. Im not and I HATE for people to think I am. I don't let people get away with parenting my kids either. I tell them off and make sure they understand they should keep their noses in their own buisness.
    Anonymous

• No b/c many times some kids are doing something totally innocent yet another person takes offense to it. Personally, I don't see a problem with my kids tickeling and playing around with each other in the stroller...but, I do have a problem with a strange lady approaching them assuming they're fighting demanding them to be kind to each other. All this while I'm standing right there. So there can be circumstances where kids are behaving completely fine yet it rubs another parent the wrong way.
    Anonymous

• If a parent cannot control their own children then someone needs to step in so no one gets hurt. If parents don't want someone else parenting their child then they need to act like the parent.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• the only time i get upset about other people's children is when we are in a store and they are running like they are crazy and the parents aren't paying them any attention. I don't think i've ever said anything unless it was a situation of the children getting hurt or something.

i almost said something the other day when i was in Walmart (which i rarely go) and there were two children running around and ran into my baby stroller like 5 times. my child was sleeping and woke up just about every time they hit the stroller. The parents were no where in sight and when they were, the parents did not say anything.

I think some people think they are trying to help, but don't realize they may be crossing the line. Instead of telling them off, politely tell them their help isn't needed, but that it is appreciated.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:47 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• See to me there is a gray area... It's up to the parent of the child to decide the parameters of parenting for "their Child, no one else's... In my one experience with this, my ex-friend husband was just a controlling jerk and it's obvious in their relationship. My DD is 2 when we are out eating she is not going to be totally neat and she has the tendency to try and take things off my plate, I discipline her and that is the end of it... also I feel unless ya sh*t don't stink and your kids are perfect.. don't even try to discipline mine...
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 11:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• we have this problem major with my SIL.. her daughter is just 5 months younger than my son and they like to wrestle and play and be kinda rough, it is BOTH kids being rough but she only demands that my child stop... or if he has a toy and her daughter wants it she yells at him.... even when she knows he had it first and its his toy...

last year the kids were sharing a chair, her daughter decided she wanted the chair to her self and grabbed my sons face, tearing a huge gash into his skin under his eye, as her daughter is doing this , there are about 6 adults in the room, she is yelling at my ds saying her daughter had the chair and that he was hitting her, we all knew it wasnt the truth but it didnt matter to her...

so no in our case its not that we dont watch our children, its that she jumps all over him instead of letting them play or siciplining her child
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:10 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• if i was not around or not aware of my ds being a snot and someone else "parented" him(short of spanking) i would be thankful that he was disciplined when he needed it(it really does take a village you know) i think that with some people it makes them feel insecure because they know they are failing to properly scold or discipline their kids
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jul. 16, 2009