Photoshop

What is the difference between the Photoshop CS(Instert # here) and the Photoshop Elements and just plain ole Photoshop?

cherrygirl87

Asked by cherrygirl87 at 11:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Photoshop CS2 and up has more tools, addons and such whereas Element is just good for basic use. Element is good for those just starting out as it's fairly easy to use, CS2 and up is alot harder to learn and get used to.. WIth that said, I wouldn't trade my CS2 for anything. I love it.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:40 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• About $600. Unless you are a full on professional in graphic design then Elements will probably be all you need. I use it for my scrapbooking and it does everything I need and a bunch of stuff I don't need, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:26 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• If you have the money for CS4 (which is the only current version-you would have to find the others in outlets or used online) and you need it, then what you might consider is taking a class.

This fall I am enrolled in Adobe Photoshop and I am buying CS4. I am paying probably about the same for my class and CS4 together (with my student discount) as I would have payed for CS4 alone without the discount.

So check and see if you can get the discount even if you are only taking one class. And get both for the price of one.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 1:07 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Lots of bells and whistles and a pretty good price tag. I have CS2 and it's probably more than I'll ever need. I'm a photographer not a graphic designer so I'll probably never get around to using or learning all that it can do.
    So if you're wanting to get into more graphic design type stuff or the really intricate photo manipulations then go for a CS modle of photoshop. If you're just looking to touch up photos and do some of the easier manipulations then I highly reccomend the latest version of Photoshop Elements (it's cheaper than the CS versions also).
    ShutterBug77

Answer by ShutterBug77 at 1:33 PM on Jul. 22, 2009